Wicket for cottages - instructions for the manufacture of stylish designs (95 photo ideas)
Not a single country house can do without a reliable and durable fence around the perimeter of the site. In this case, you need to equip the entrance and entry into the land allotment. You can order a gate or factory-made gate, but it is better to design the entrance complex with your own hands.
And how to do it right, what materials can be used, you will learn from our article.
Material for the manufacture of gates
When constructing a fence on the territory of the cottage, you need to think in advance about what the entrance will be. The solution to this issue will help make your fence a single composition, made in one style.
You can provide a stand-alone gate, as well as design its location next to the gate for the car. Often, homeowners equip a complicated structure - a gate with a built-in gate.
For the manufacture of various materials can be used. There is a possibility of combining and decorating them. The most common solutions are:
- installation of a profile pipe coated with a mesh netting - a simple, but not too original and aesthetically attractive way of arrangement;
- the construction of a strong metal frame with a lining with durable corrugated board with a possible decoration with additional decor;
- elegant wood structure;
- prestigious forged gate, which not only has a long service life, but also has a unique appearance;
- combination of different materials.
You can see the appearance of such products, advantages and disadvantages on the presented photo of the gate. There are many options for arranging, each summer resident makes a decision based on his own wishes and the style of decoration of the countryside landscape.
The door leading to the courtyard of a private lady can open in any direction. However, it is recommended to design in such a way that it still opens inward. So you do not have to think about the possibility of injury to a guest or just a passerby. Especially if the fence is close to the carriageway or pedestrian walkway.
To ensure the protection of the house and the safety of residents, the hinges must be covered without fail. In this case, you need to securely lock the lock on the gate.
The size should be as convenient as possible for a passing person, and for people carrying, for example, furniture or building materials. That is why it is recommended to design a design width of at least 750-1000 mm. Pillars do not need to be considered. But the height of the door should be approximately 1.8-2 m.
But you should take into account the features and dimensions of the fence itself, so that the composition looks as natural as possible. Many novice masters make mistakes and make calculations based on the fastening of the canvas to the posts closely. This is not true. There should be a gap between them:
- from loops 6 mm;
- in the direction from the earth not less than 8 mm;
- on the other sides more than 2 mm.
Making a wooden gate with your own hands is quite simple. The material used lends itself perfectly to building manipulations, and the resulting design will always look original. In addition, it is easy to decorate. But it is desirable that the fence itself be made of the same material.
First made supports. To do this, prepare asbestos pipes.The sides on which the gate will be mounted can be made of pine. After the boards are verified in the vertical direction, they must be fixed to the supports using self-tapping screws.
The frame should be assembled from pre-painted boards. All elements are attached to the corners. For fixation, brass strips and self-tapping screws are used. Toothed plates made of metal provide higher rigidity.
Loops are fixed on the support frame. If the frame goes well into the opening, then you need to make a brace and fix it on the base. The frame is hinged. After that, they put planking boards. For this, self-tapping screws are used. Corner strips require stronger fastening in three screws. Then you can make the valve and the handle.
Installation of a wicket made of wood can be made as follows:
- a profile pipe is cut, from which the frame is welded, followed by grinding;
- hinges are attached;
- boards are laid out on the frame, holes are drilled with subsequent fastening with bolts;
- the gate is hung, primed, varnished.
Using corrugated board for gates
If you want your gate to serve you for more than a dozen years, preserving its original appearance, then you should pay attention to such material as corrugated board. It also has such advantages:
- high strength;
- resistance to corrosion;
- ease of installation;
- UV resistance.
To quickly and efficiently make a gate from corrugated board, you must be guided by the following procedure:
- The construction of support pillars
- Production of the frame frame by the welding method from the profile pipe 60x30 mm. In the center, you need to weld a jumper on which the sheets will be attached.
- Using self-tapping screws, the corrugated board is attached to the frame. Screwing in is done through each wave. It is recommended to mount at three levels - bottom, top and middle.
- Sheathed wicket fastens to supports on loops.
- Lock lock or gate valves.
Forged gates that radiate nobility and antiquity will help to decorate the interior of the suburban area. To make them yourself, you have to work hard.
In addition, additional equipment is required from you - a vice, an anvil, a forge, a welding machine, cold-type forging machines.
Our instruction on how to make a gate will help you:
- draw a sketch of the structure;
- forge all the elements separately from each other;
- the forging procedure is this - heat the blank, squeeze, prepare, and then finish it in its final form;
- prepare curly decorative patterns;
- connect the profiles into a rectangular frame;
- weld the basic elements to the fabricated frame;
- sand all seams;
- fasten the door to point-type canopies;
- clean the surface of the structure, prime and paint over.
The forged version of the decoration of the fence will be not only the original completion of construction on the site, but also an excellent protection for the home. Swing gates with forging elements are especially popular in combination with metal frames of fences.
Metal construction with mesh netting
A convenient and durable version of the wicket with a cloth made of chain link is often used by summer residents who do not want to spend too much on arranging the fence. This design is quite easy to install, does not require complicated maintenance, can be operated for a long period of time.
However, there are certain disadvantages associated with the low level of sound insulation. In addition, it will be difficult to hide from prying eyes, there will be no barrier to the penetration of garbage into the site.
After you have created the sketch, calculated the consumption of material and accessories, prepared the tool, you must proceed with the installation of the metal gate:
- cut the profile pipe in accordance with the required dimensions;
- using the welding machine, assemble the frame;
- attach the loops;
- install the grid to the frame and fix it on it;
- hang the sash;
- install the handle, padlock type lock;
- Sand, prime and paint the structure.
When you independently make a beautiful gate according to your own sketch, it will not only fulfill its main purpose, but will also become the real pride of the master. Additionally, it can be decorated with decorative elements - arch, pergola, canopy. The interior of a country house will benefit from your original solutions.
Photo gates for giving
Join the discussion: