Sliding gates - do-it-yourself implementation ideas. Review of the most successful options (105 photos)
As a rule, when installing the gate, the owner of the site is guided by one goal - to prevent free access. Gates of different types and designs can cope with this task. When choosing the appropriate type, they are most often guided by ease of use and compactness.
Sliding gates meet these requirements, therefore they are a fairly popular type of gate. The design is a complex mechanism, however, many manufacturers offer for sale a ready-made version with all components. You can install sliding gates yourself, showing patience and creativity.
The appearance of the sliding gate is also not bad and can become a real decoration of the site. Therefore, when choosing a suitable design, consider all the nuances. To do this, you can find photos of sliding gates, which can be found in abundance on the Internet.
Advantages and disadvantages
The positive features of the roller gates include:
- Compactness. They do not take up much space, allowing for free movement of vehicles.
- The cantilever system with a bottom mount provides reliability and ease of installation in any weather.
- The opportunity to prove yourself as a creative person in the decoration is a rich assortment of material. You can trim the gates with profiled sheets or forging.
- A wide range of variations.
- Long time use.
- The use of automated systems.
Sliding gates have some disadvantages. We list them:
- To install this option you will have to spend more money than when installing other gates.
- The cantilever part requires the creation of a foundation — a foundation — for its installation.
- Despite the substantial saving of free space in general, additional space is needed for the retractable part.
Varieties of designs
The current stage of development of society is characterized by an abundance of various forms and designs. The same applies to sliding gates.
One of the variations is hanging. There is such a modification since ancient times and is characterized by high reliability.
The essence of the suspended gate is that the material on the wheels is attached to the beams located at a height of about five meters. That is, a kind of height restriction for machines is formed.
Option with the console. As mentioned earlier, the variation is resistant to weather conditions such as snow, gusts of wind and so on. The cantilever doors do not set any limits for the height of the machines. The design requires a foundation for sustainability.
Modification of gates based on screw piles. Piles of metal about 1.5 meters long are placed in the ground and play the role of load-bearing. As a rule, they are made and installed in a short time - 3 days.
Mechanical design - requires manual opening and closing. The undoubted advantages of the variation will be easy installation and low costs. A good option to install in a place that is not often visited.
Gates on the automatic mechanism - the most convenient option for permanent use.
Another interesting option is a gate with a gate.
We calculate the dimensions of the structure
Calculations should be started before installation and even before the gate itself is purchased. The whole procedure is:
- Decide on the dimensions of the opening, in accordance with which the design and dimensions will be selected.
- Calculate the counterweight.
- Assume the mass of the gate.
- Create outline designs, door drawings.
All these calculations can be done by yourself, easier, but more expensive in cost will be contacting specialists.
Consider the meaning and significance of each element of the calculation procedure.
What are the dimensions of the opening for? The dimensions of the opening will determine the size of the gate. So, the width of the gate will be equal to the sum of the width of the opening, the width of the indentation for closing and opening, as well as the width of the opening from the center to the center of the carriages. Thus, the gate will be wider than the opening.
Equilibrium. In order to balance the wings, it is necessary to calculate the counterweight so that the gate mass is evenly distributed.
The weight of the wings is calculated to determine the guide beam performance using standards. The period of operation of the structure will depend on this. The calculation is made by determining the weight of the materials from which the sashes are made.
Based on the foregoing, calculate the strength of the component parts. These include a roller, catcher, supporting the tire. In other words, parts are called accessories for sliding gates.
Strength must be calculated in order to determine whether the gates can withstand gusts of wind of a certain strength. To ensure stability in windy weather, you need to choose a combination of gates and fittings in which the strength of the parts would be higher than the calculated mass of the wings.
What the design consists of
The part of the sliding gate contains the following parts necessary for the installation of the gate:
- guide beams, which serve as a carrier;
- supports for rollers;
- a movie that can be removed;
- sail and load regulators - catchers;
- as a fastening, a bracket is used that protects the gate from wiggle;
- a support providing the flaps with mobility and a stand for it.
The foundation is also an integral part of sliding gates on a console basis. On it place supports for the rollers, the load of the carrier is distributed on them. The rollers themselves are placed inside the console.
Sashes themselves must also meet certain requirements. Such as stability, reliability in bad weather, strong winds, some rigidity. All these requirements ensure the functioning of the door leaves.
Visually, the composition of the structure can be represented by a scheme of sliding gates.
The door will move inside, within the site and nothing should interfere with it. It is necessary to take into account such moments when preparing the opening for the gate. And only after taking into account all the details can you install sliding gates on your site.
The installation procedure can be divided into several stages:
- foundation - must be done to create sustainability;
- conducting electric current;
- the location of the special column in a specific place;
- implementation of automation systems for gates and its launch.
Thus, you can install sliding gates with your own hands, or you can use the services of professionals.
Sliding gate photo
Join the discussion: